Here are some pictures of the work we have done to the house. One of the goals with every project was to brighten the house, as I thought is was very dark in the beginning.

The first project was the removal of a wall separating the stairway and the living room.
This project also included adding ceiling lights.
The biggest project was the remodeling of the upstairs bathroom. We completely gutted the old bathroom to make way for the new one.
In order to do the new plumbing for the bathroom, we needed access to the walls of the kitchen below, so we just redid the whole thing...
One of the first ideas we had to give more light was to replace a small window in the dining room with a sliding glass door. We then moved the old window upstairs.
In the downstairs bathroom we painted, tiled and replaced the vanity.
In the mudroom we put down some terracotta tile and painted everything else.
Here is a view from the back of the house showing the window we added upstairs and the sliding door downstairs.
We added a patio off the back of the house